I want to prepare instant noodles in a microwave. The instructions on the pack clearly mention a gas stove to be used, but I don’t have access to one.
The instant noodles I am talking about are Nestle’s Maggy 2 minutes (that’s how they brand it in India). Have a look at the following Google image search link if it still doesn’t ring a bell.
Como Fazer Miojo no Microondas
The Maggi noodles you link to are just average ramen noodles, so can be cooked in the microwave quite easily.
- Boil a kettle of water
- Place the noodles in a microwavable bowl. You may need to break the noodles into pieces, but if you’re careful with the boiling water you can sometimes soften the noodles in the middle enough to fold the block to make it all fit without breaking
- Pour the flavor sachet (and any other curry powder/herbs) onto the dry noodles
- Pour the boiling water over the noodles, enough to cover the noodles, and if desired, a bit more for a bit of a soup
- Put into the microwave, you can cover with a loose lid if desired, and microwave for around 2 minutes
- Stir the noodles, separating any stuck-together blocks of noodles
- Put back into the microwave for another 2-3 minutes (depending on your microwave’s power)
I usually cook this kind in the microwave, since if I’m eating them I’m not usually in the mood for a proper cooking session. They do (depending on the kind of noodle) sometimes turn out slightly different when done in the microwave, as compared to boiling on hob, but both are nice as a snack.